How can I enforce a court order?

When a couple or a family is dealing with a legal matter, they may go to Family Court and have a judge make a decision about it. A court ordered ruling from a judge is binding and if an individual does not follow the order, they may face serious consequences. Court orders are typically issued for matters related to child custody, spousal support, child support, and child visitation.

If you have a court ordered matter for your familial issue and the other party is not following the judge’s ruling, you have options to enforce the order. For example, if the child’s non-custodial parent has failed to make child support payments, you may want to consider taking legal action. You can file a motion that will ask the court to intervene and force the other parent to make child support payments. In this situation, the other parent may also be held responsible for making back-payments for all of the payments they have missed. The same goes for ex-spouses who fail to make payments for spousal maintenance.

The court has the ability to impose serious repercussions on the individual who failed to abide by the judgment they made. The options can range from wage garnishing, not allowing the individual to obtain a passport, or even holding them in contempt of court. If you need assistance enforcing a court order, contact our firm today.

Ross and Calandrillo, LLC is a full-service divorce and family law firm in Mountainside, New Jersey. For strong legal representation in all of your family law matters, contact Ross and Calandrillo, LLC to schedule a consultation.