As exciting as partaking in a real estate transaction is, there is also a lot of stress involved. In order to get out of your old home and into a new one, there are many factors that need to be considered and a lot of different legalities come into play. An experienced real estate attorney can help guide you through this complex process and ensure your best interests are represented every step of the way. In fact, New Jersey actually requires attorneys to review a contract over the course of three days in what is known as the “3-day attorney review” period. Not only will your attorney take part in the contract review, they will also:
- Negotiate parts of the contract to better fit the client
- Make sure all state laws are followed throughout the process
- Conduct a title search to make sure there are no outstanding liens on the property
- Make sure the property transfer has no issues
- Drafting and filing all necessary paperwork
- Participate or conduct the closing process
It is important that you retain the services of an attorney who has your best interests at heart. If you are buying or selling a home, contact Ross and Calandrillo, LLC today for quality legal guidance when so much is at stake.
Ross and Calandrillo, LLC is a full-service divorce, family, and real estate law firm in Mountainside, New Jersey. For strong legal representation in all of your family law matters, contact Ross and Calandrillo, LLC to schedule a consultation.