There are many complex parts of divorce proceedings. It is because of this that it is important to have an experienced New Jersey divorce attorney on your side during this time. This allows you to be prepared and have the proper assistance throughout the proceedings.
What Does a Divorce Attorney Do?
During a divorce, an attorney plays a crucial role in completing the process and achieving the desired outcome. This through various tasks such as the following:
- Assess the case to determine court jurisdiction
- Develop a strategy for advising you regarding all aspects of the divorce
- Prepare legal documents to file with the court
- Conduct discovery to obtain information from the other party
- Appear at all court appearances, depositions, and conferences
- Schedule deadlines and court appearances
- Inform you of actions you must take
- Perform financial analyses of your case
- Conduct legal research
- Prepare you for any appearances and depositions
- Prepare your case for hearings and trials
- Advise you of your rights under the law
- Counsel you about the risks and benefits that arise during your case
Will Additional Professionals Be Appointed to Work With My Attorney?
Sometimes, divorce proceedings may require the court to retain the services from experts from other fields for additional help. This may include the help of a psychologist or psychiatrist in the event of child custody situations in order to evaluate the situation and report the best interest of the child. When dealing with important financial matters in a divorce case, the court may appoint a forensic accountant to perform an analysis of the couple’s finances. This may be necessary if one spouse owns a business or has a large inheritance.
Do I Need an Attorney if I’ve Been Divorced Before?
When a person goes through a divorce, they may feel as if they know the process very well. If they find themselves in a situation of divorce again, they may think they do not need an attorney again. However, it is important to remember that all divorce cases are different. The proceedings may change from one case to another depending on the length of the marriage, any children that are involved, the couple’s financial situation, etc. It is because of this that it is important to have a divorce attorney to handle these matters for you.
Contact Us Today!
Contact our Firm
Ross and Calandrillo, LLC is a full-service divorce, family, and real estate law firm located in Mountainside, New Jersey. For strong legal representation in all of your divorce or family law matters, contact Ross and Calandrillo, LLC to schedule a consultation.